The Associate of Science in Business degree program focuses on today’s increasingly complicated business environment. It introduces students to basic knowledge of the economic and business climate in the modern workforce.
The Associate of Science in Business degree requires completion of twenty (20) courses for sixty (60) credits. The same course may not be used to fulfill multiple requirements in general education and major areas of this degree program.
- Develop students’ understanding of the functional fields of business and their interrelationships in complex organizations.
- Identify and analyze economic climate and business trends in a global business context.
- Demonstrate the depth of knowledge sought by employers for entry level in the business field.
General Education Requirements
The general education component is designed to emphasize cognitive development and is “general” in the following ways:
- It is part of an ongoing desire of the institution to enhance critical thinking, research, and writing across the curriculum.
- It is a part of every student’s course of study, regardless of his/her area of emphasis
- It is intended to impart common knowledge, intellectual concepts, and attitudes that provide a foundation upon which students can build a rewarding educational experience.
Associate of Science in Business
|Course No.||Course Name||Prerequisites||Credits|
Introduction to Business
Principles of Management
Principles of Marketing
New Venture Creation
|BA201, BA205, BA220, BA280||3|
Ethical Decision Making
Principles of Communication
Developing Critical Thinking Skills
Introduction to Computers
|Total Credits Required||60|