The Bachelor of Arts in Communication is designed to reflect the theoretical and practical aspects of communication in the context of a traditional liberal arts education. This program emphasizes the development of communication skills that help individuals obtain a competitive edge in the information age.
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication degree requires completion of forty (40) courses for 120 credits. The same course may not be used to fulfill multiple requirements in general education or major areas of this degree program.
- Develop a broad-based understanding of the functional fields of communication and their interrelationships in complex
- Identify and analyze economic climate and business trends in a global business
- Apply quantitative and behavioral tools of communication analysis and decision-making.
- Utilize IT to improve communication and management decision-making.
- Prepare logically constructed, relevant, and culturally appropriate written arguments and oral presentations.
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication degree program consists of 40 courses.
General Education Requirements
The general education component is designed to emphasize cognitive development and is “general” in the following ways:
- It is part of an ongoing desire of the institution to enhance critical thinking, research, and writing across the curriculum;
- It is a part of every student’s course of study, regardless of his/her area of emphasis; and
- It is intended to impart common knowledge, intellectual concepts, and attitudes that provide a foundation upon which students can build a rewarding educational
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN COMMUNICATION DEGREE PLAN
|BA201||Introduction to Business||None||3|
|BA205||Principles of Management||BA201||3|
|BA220||Principles of Marketing||BA201||3|
|BA448||Team Development & Motivation||BA205||3|
|CM101||Principles of Communication||None||3|
|CM110||Developing Critical Thinking Skills||None||3|
|CM225||Research Methods in Communication||CM101||3|
|CM285||Diversity and Inclusion||None||3|
|CM301||Survey of Communication||CM101||3|
|CM346||Advertising and Promotion||BA201||3|
|CM425||Introduction to Media Writing||CM101||3|
|CM456||Effective Communication Tools||None||3|
|CS110||Introduction to Computers||None||3|
|EN115||Technical Writing for Business||None||3|
|EN221||American Literature I||EN112||3|
|HI171||World Civilization I||None||3|
|HI172||World Civilization II||HI171||3|
|PF499||Career Strategies||End of Program||3|