The Associate of Science in Business degree program focuses on today’s increasingly complicated business environment. It introduces students to basic knowledge of the economic and business climate in the modern workforce.
The Associate of Science in Business degree requires completion of twenty (20) courses for sixty (60) credits. The same course may not be used to fulfill multiple requirements in general education and major areas of this degree program.
- Develop students’ understanding of the functional fields of business and their interrelationships in complex
- Identify and analyze economic climate and business trends in a global business
- Demonstrate the depth of knowledge sought by employers for entry level in the business
- Prepare for continued study in the field of
The Associate of Science in Business degree program consists of a total of 20 courses.
General Education Requirements
The general education component is designed to emphasize cognitive development and is “general” in the following ways:
- It is part of an ongoing desire of the institution to enhance critical thinking, research, and writing across the curriculum;
- It is a part of every student’s course of study, regardless of his/her area of emphasis; and
- It is intended to impart common knowledge, intellectual concepts, and attitudes that provide a foundation upon which students can build a rewarding educational
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS DEGREE PLAN
|Course No.||Course Name||Prerequisites||Credits|
|BA201||Introduction to Business||None||3|
|BA205||Principles of Management||BA201||3|
|BA220||Principles of Marketing||BA201||3|
|BA252||New Venture Creation||BA201||3|
|BA375||Ethical Decision Making||BA201||3|
|CM101||Principles of Communication||None||3|
|CM110||Developing Critical Thinking Skills||None||3|
|CS110||Introduction to Computers||None||3|
|Total Credits Required||60|